New Landowners Guide to Pipelines
October 8, 2011
The Pipeline Safety Trust has published a new Landowners Guide to Pipelines, available as a Google document. The Guide covers the following topics:
- How Do Pipelines Work?
- Who Is Responsible for Regulating Pipeline Safety?
- Who Is Responsible for Siting New Pipelines?
- Pipeline Safety Requirements During Design and Construction
- Pipeline Safety Requirements During Operation
- What Is the Risk of Having a Pipeline Nearby?
- Where to Find More Information
- Preventing Damage to the Pipeline
- Major Issues for Property Owners Near New Pipelines
- When Negotiation Fails: Eminent Domain
- Other Financial Concerns
- Pipeline Safety: A Shared Responsibility