New Tar Sands Videos
This blog has been all about news in the states affected by the Keystone pipeline system, not what’s happening on tar sands development or opposition elsewhere in the country or world. But lately we’re inundated with so many videos of protests, advertisements by TransCanada and other tar sands companies, and assorted on-screen presentations and propaganda about all sides of the issue that they’ve become their own story. Here’s a recent sampling:
- Nebraska governor’s mansion “pumpkin” protest calling for a special session of the Legislature;
- Protest set to music outside the Royal Bank of Scotland, a major tar sands investor;
- Interview with Randy Thompson, NE landowner;
- Topeka, KS protest at State Dept. public hearing;
- ExxonMobil tar sands advertisement;
- TransCanada advertisement featuring UN professor.